Ten Truths About your Personal Brand
- Your personal brand is what you are known for. It creates and perpetuates expectations about you. What do others expect of and from you?
- Your brand arrives before you do, and stays after you leave. What impression does your brand leave when you aren’t there?
- It takes a lot of work to build an exceptionally positive personal brand, and very little to break it down.
- Personal brands can be helped or hurt by association.
- Brands can be incredibly strong and surprisingly fragile.
- What you think of yourself has very little to do with your personal brand.
- There is no such thing as a neutral personal brand.
- Your personal brand begins to build immediately with a new person you meet. The interaction is figured into whatever preconceptions the person might have add to create the current, more accurate, brand.
- Your personal brand can be strongly influenced over time.
- You are in control of your personal brand, just as you are in control of your reputation.
These ten truths about personal brands make a great primer for understanding exactly what a personal brand is… and how important it will be over the course of your career. What choices are you making to create the personal brand you desire?
*Recommendation → Subscribe as a Lab Partner so you can access our monthly webinars. Exceptional Leaders Lab webinars are high-impact topics delivered in a video format to help you improve your leadership immediately.